tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Le" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Microsoft IE
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:43:02 GMT
Hi Steve,

I am not using any includes, just redirects.  For example... a login.jsp. A
user enters login data, the form sends the data to verify.jsp.  verify.jsp
checks for a correct user/password from the database.  If the data is good
it redirects to the next page.  If it's bad, it redirects back to the

How can I use "flush" in this case? Is this only inherent in Tomcat? I have
this exact code in JavaWeb Server and it works fine for IE there.

-----Original Message-----
From: []On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Microsoft IE

I did notice this same behaviour with IE5- Netscape behaved fine. Here's
a description of what I *think* was my setup at the time, and how I
"fixed" it. It may or may not apply to your case.

I was including a snippet of Java code near the top of each of my JSP
pages in order to check whether a user had logged in yet. If they had
not, I re-directed them to a login page. Originally, I had named the
file containing the code snippet "checklogin.jsp" and I think I was
doing this:
  <jsp:include page="checklogin.jsp" flush="true"/>

I figured that I wanted the page to be included statically so I switched
  <%@ include file="" %> (I also got rid of the .jsp
extension just in case).

That seems to have done the trick. Hope it's of some help.