tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Maring <Steven.Mar...@trcinc.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat install: 2 different computers?
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:46:43 GMT
Hmmm.  Interesting.  Well, you will probably have to compile JServ1.1 on the
Mac to get a module that you can plug into Apache.

The tomcat.conf will have to reside on the web server.  Change the following
to point to your Tomcat box.

### Change if you run tomcat on a different host
#ApJServDefaultHost localhost
ApJServDefaultPort 8007

I'm not real sure how the context mapping across boxes would work though.

Anybody gotta clue?

-Steve Maring

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre Neihouser
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 4/6/00 11:38 AM
Subject: Tomcat install: 2 different computers?

Hi,

Can I install Tomcat on a different machine than Apache?  I have an old
Mac that
I use as my web server (Apache 1.3.19) and I only have an Intel laptop
for dev,
so I was wondering if I could keep my Apache on the Mac and plug Tomcat
from my
laptop to it.  Could not find this answer in the FAQ.

Thanks a lot,
Pierre