tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Maring <Steven.Mar...@trcinc.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 1.7.2 and multiple web applications
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 12:07:06 GMT
You may have to run seperate JVMs for multiple web contexts using Cocoon.
Just as you would with VHOSTS.  See the thread called "problem with multiple
contexts" in the tomcat-user archive.

It does seem a bit odd that this is the case.

THE BIG QUESTION:  Has anyone gotten multiple contexts that use Cocoon to
run in a single JVM?  And how?

--Steve Maring

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Guttmann
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Sent: 4/5/00 5:32 AM
Subject: Cocoon 1.7.2 and multiple web applications

Hi,

sorry in advance for this slightly confusing and long email, but I am
going in circles ... :-(.
I installed Cocoon 1.7.2 (with Tomcat 3.1beta2, or some more recent
nightly build) the other day, and on the first look every thing seems to
be fine. I tried a couple of the samples provided (plain conversion
using xsl, SQL Processor, XSP Processor), and everything works as
expected. Especially XSP seems to expose quite some potential.

Well, here's the problem I am currently facing. Let's assume I have two
web applications registered with Tomcat in the following way (taken from
tomcat's main config file $TOMCAT/conf/server.xml)

<Context path="/cocoonXsp"
    docBase="/ms/user/g/guttmanw/deploy/webapps/cocoon/xsp"
    debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

<Context path="/cocoonOrig"
    docBase="/ms/user/g/guttmanw/deploy/webapps/cocoon/original"
    debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

Starting Tomcat, and processing some example xml file from the
"/cocoonXsp" web application, e.g

    http://some.host:8080/cocoonXsp/sample.xml

works as expected. When trying to process another xml document from the
second web application (the one mapped to /cocoonOrig), I get the
following run time exception.

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/ms/user/g/guttmanw/deploy/webapps/cocoon/xsp/xml/samplepage.xml (No
such file or directory)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Compiled Code)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.(Compiled Code)
              at java.io.FileInputStream.(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile.getStream(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.AbstractProducer.getDocument(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(C
ompiled
Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

What surprises me with this stack trace is the fact that Cocoon tries to
open samplepage.xml from the wrong directory, i.e.
.../xsp/xml/samplepage.xml rather then .../original/xml/samplepage.xml ?

Btw, Stopping tomcat, restarting it and loading the second file again
works !

Does anybody have a clue what's going wrong here, assuming this is a
problem on my side.

Regards
Werner