tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject RE: JRun Vs Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:14:55 GMT
JRUN is a commercial product and it's definitelly easier to do a simple
configuration and put the application to work.
It might  also be  faster and more stable than Tomcat since Tomcat is not
optimized yet ...from what i know.
It has a GUI based admin tool which is OK but if you want to configure the
parameters by editing files you will ..suffer.
It has like 50 ".properties" files from which you need to find which ones
you have to edit..
And i still don't know how you can define multiple zones ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Vaillancourt [mailto:don@avaterra.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 9:54 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org; tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JRun Vs Tomcat

Hi Guys,

I'm not starting a flame war, jsut need some simple questions anwered.
I also apologize if it is a bit off topic.

Here we are having too many problems with Tomcat 3.1 and wasting too
many resources on  it.  So I was wondering if there were any
implementation differences between Tomcat 3.1 and JRun 2.3.3.

Does JRun make use of a server.xml configuration file or something
similar?  How different are the two products.

BTW, we use SunOS 5.7.

Don