tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jon * <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: Is JServ and Tomcat mod_jserv the same? Was: building JServ
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:18:49 GMT
on 4/28/00 12:03 AM, Jan Labanowski <jkl@osc.edu> wrote:

> Thank you for the CLEAR answer...

:-)

You are welcome.

:-)

> Frankly, I did not know that such a beast as JServ1.1.1b1 exists.
> There is no detectable mention on this release on the java.apache.org site.
> However, indeed, in the:
> http://java.apache.org/jserv/dist/
>
> there is:
> ApacheJServ-1.1.1b1.tar.gz          11-Apr-2000 19:41   748k
> ApacheJServ-1.1.1b1.tar.gz.md5      11-Apr-2000 19:41     1k

:-)

Correct. I never got around to making an announcement outside of the
java-apache@list.working-dogs.com list.

:-)

Sorry, I have been spending the other 16 hours a day working on Scarab and
Turbine and ECS and Village and Jyve and and and and and...

:-)

> So...
> Is it right to say that I can run both Tomcat 3.1-stable and
> JServ-1.1.1b1 using the mod_jserv from ApacheJServ-1.1.1b1.tar.gz ?

:-)

I have no clue. I have never used Tomcat, JServ works just fine for me. :-)

:-)

You should be able to, but why are you trying to be so difficult?

:-)

Why don't you just be smart and use the mod_jserv.c that comes with Tomcat
and Tomcat itself and quit complaining? Or, even better run Apache/JServ on
one set of ports/IP's and Apache/Tomcat on another set of ports/ip's?

:-)

> I.e., I compile/Install JServ1.1.1b1 (with its mod_jserv), and
> install/compile Tomcat3.1 pure Java stuff, but without the:
> apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c
> in the native/apache directory?

:-)

Sure. Go ahead and try it.

:-)

> And then run them both under the same Apache by mounting
> JServ and Tomcat contexts on different ports using the full blown form of:
>
> ApJServMount /JServContext ajpv12://localhost:8007/JServContext
> ApJServMount /TomcatContext ajpv12://localhost:8008/TomcatContext
>
> for example
>
> And then starting Tomcat3.1/Jserv1.1.1b1 manually?

:-)

Try it.

:-)

> Sorry for being a pest

:-)

Yes you are! :-)

:-)

>, but THIS IS IMPORTANT for people who
> want to have Servlet 2.0 and 2.2 environments working together...

:-)

So then just use Tomcat's built in httpd.

:-)

-jon

--
Scarab -