tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Theill <pthe...@bellesystems.com>
Subject RE: where is mod_jserv.so for tomcat final release 3.1
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:53:44 GMT
Hi Alerto,

Thanks for the help, but I need the binary file since I have tried to build
mod_jserv.so (for TOMCAT) for 2 days without luck. I don't want to spend
anymore time with this and I have posted several messages about the errors I
get when compiling mod_jserv (using apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so jserv*.c or
similar constructs) but unfortunately, no one seems to be able to help :o(

Peter Theill
Software Developer
Belle Systems A/S
Tel.:   +45 5944 2500
Fax.:   +45 5944 2588
E-mail: ptheill@bellesystems.com
www.bellesystems.com
Defining the Future of IP Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Rodríguez Ortega [mailto:a.rodriguez@transtools.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 8:39 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: where is mod_jserv.so for tomcat final release 3.1

Obtaining the Jserv Module (mod_jserv)
As previously stated, we need a web server adapter to sit in Apache and
redirect requests to Tomcat. For Apache, this adapter is a slightly modified
version of mod_jserv.
You may try to look here and see if there is an already pre-built version of
mod_jserv that suites your OS (Usually there is one for NT), however, being
a native library you should not expect that yet (too many OS's, not enough
developers, life too short...). Moreover, small variations in the way you
built Apache/Your specific UNIX variant may result in dynamic linking
errors. You should really try to build mod_jserv for your system (don't
panic, it is not that hard!).
Building mod_jserv on UNIX involves the following:

Download the source distribution of Tomcat from here.

Uncompress it into some directory.

Building the module:

********Change directory into jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv/
********Execute the build command

apxs -c *.c -o mod_jserv.so apxs is part of the Apache distribution and
should be located in your APACHE_HOME/bin.

Building mod_jserv for Win32 is less likely (you already have a downloadable
dll for Win32). Yet if you want to build it you should install Visual C++
and perform the following:

Download the source distribution of Tomcat from here.

Unzip it into some directory.

Building the module:

********Change directory into jakarta-tomcat\src\native\apache\jserv
********Add Visual C++ into your environment by executing the script
VCVARS32.BAT.
********Execute the build command

nmake -f Makefile.win32 nmake is the Visual C++ make program.

That's it; you have built mod_jserv...

Prob u need get src, i'm not sure (sorry a bit newbie but trying to help a
bit).