tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hughes <j...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosts Questions...
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:55:38 GMT
This user guide may help.  It describes vhost setup, and running tomcat from
other than the default directory.

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc
/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Guido Medina [mailto:tesys@colombus.cu]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 12:43 PM
To: tomcat-user
Subject: Virtual Hosts Questions...

 OK, as you know in the file /etc/httpd.conf you can put your virtual hosts
for one IP number:
BindAdress *
NameVirtual Host 192.168.1.1
<Vistual Host example.your.domain>
    ServerAdmin you@your.domain <mailto:you@your.domain>
    ServerName example.your.domain
    DocumentRoot /somesite/sub
</Virtual Host>
OK, my questions are:
1) Is posible to implement virtual host for jsp sites like this ???
2)If is not posible which is the configuration file to do this in tomcat ???
3)Is posible to work with jsp outside of the tomcat subdirectory
ej:/home/httpd/somesite ???

Because really my tomcat is working fine but I have some problems with
relative hyperlinks and when I put some jsp file outside of webapps/..., the
server try to get this file inside of this directory but this is not what I
want...

Any help ???, thanks a lot...

Lic. Guido Medina :-)