tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fillon, Jérôme" <J.Fil...@saq.qc.ca>
Subject RE: EJB on Tomcat !!
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:27:13 GMT
Juan is right when coming to performance... but apache (in the field of
webServer ) is an opensource program that proves to be better than any
commercial webserver....
what i love in Tomcat is the lastest version of any norm or
recommendation... like JSP 1.1 and Servlet 2.2 are implemented ASAP
For performance i haven`t compare it to commercial product... but tomcat is
not an EJB container.
Comparing Tomcat and Weblogic or Websphere or whatever that does ejb stuff
is a litle weird....
For EJB i have used Jonas, EJBoss and WebSphere... and problems i had with
the JNDI layer doesn`t appear anymore with those open-source projects...
so comparing the fatest product that don't work (WebSPhere in VAJ 3.0 EE)
with Tomcat + Jonas that may not be the fastest but works... well there is
no comparison at all :)

that was my 2 cents.

jerome.