tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Fillon, Jérôme" <J.Fil...@saq.qc.ca>
Subject RE: EJB on Tomcat !!
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:42:04 GMT
Hi,

you can also create a resource file (which is a java source) like :

public class MesResources extends ListResourceBundle
{
	static final Object[][] contents =
	{
	{"boutonajouter",  "Ajouter"},
	{"FormatDate",  "dd-MM-yyyy"},
	// Fin des chaines à localiser
	{"JNDIFactory", "com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"},
	{"JNDIURL", "rmi://172.20.7.91:1099"}
	};
   public MesResources () {
	  super();
   }
   public Object[][] getContents ( ) {
	  return contents;
   }
}

The main adavantage is that it is a java source without any other external
file.
To load it you need to use :

ResourceBundle FBundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle("Monpackage.MesResources
");
Properties AProps = new Properties();
AProps.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
FBundle.getString("JNDIFactory"));
AProps.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, FBundle.getString("JNDIURL"));
InitialContext FContext = new InitialContext(AProps);

And your InitialContext is ready to lookup! :)

MesResources can be localized and i should name it MesResources_fr_CA or
Mes_Ressources_fr_FR and Java (alone) will load the right resource file
depending on the locale you are running on your OS... really really cool!

btw i`m running Tomcat 3.1 beta and JONAS (EJB) on win32 (they don`t want to
use linux :( ) and everything is open-source so : really cool! :)

Jerome.