tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Viehl Clemens <c.vi...@syborg.de>
Subject RE: The Big Void
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:16:42 GMT
> There is this no mans land between your root directory and the WEB-INF
> directory that you can't seem to cross.
> I see the reason for this but I have a question:
>
> What is the best way to share files across these areas?  For example,
> suppose I have an applet in my root directory and a servlet in my
> WEB-INF/classes directory that both need a class file?  Where
> should I put
> this class file so they both have access to it?  Do I need it in both
> places?  This seems to be the only solution since everything
> else I've tried
> winds up with one of my resources (the applet or the servlet)
> not being able
> to locate the needed class file.
Hi,

i have the same problem. But i don't think of it as a big problem, when you
need to put your classes in different directorys. Applets and Servlets are
two different things, so why shouldn't they have own jars with their own
location. To me, it's an advantage. I can change some things in the applet,
so why should this force a change in the Servlet jar's?
Perhaps you can workaround this if it bothers you to much by messing around
with your applet-codebase and archive parameters.

Good luck!

Regards

Clemens Viehl