tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Rodríguez Ortega <a.rodrig...@transtools.com>
Subject Re: where is mod_jserv.so for tomcat final release 3.1
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:38:37 GMT
Obtaining the Jserv Module (mod_jserv)
As previously stated, we need a web server adapter to sit in Apache and
redirect requests to Tomcat. For Apache, this adapter is a slightly
modified version of mod_jserv.
You may try to look here and see if there is an already pre-built version
of mod_jserv that suites your OS (Usually there is one for NT), however,
being a native library you should not expect that yet (too many OS's, not
enough developers, life too short...). Moreover, small variations in the
way you built Apache/Your specific UNIX variant may result in dynamic
linking errors. You should really try to build mod_jserv for your system
(don't panic, it is not that hard!).
Building mod_jserv on UNIX involves the following:
Download the source distribution of Tomcat from here.
Uncompress it into some directory.
Building the module:
·       Change directory into jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv/
·       Execute the build command
apxs -c *.c -o mod_jserv.so apxs is part of the Apache distribution and
should be located in your APACHE_HOME/bin.
Building mod_jserv for Win32 is less likely (you already have a
downloadable dll for Win32). Yet if you want to build it you should install
Visual C++ and perform the following:
Download the source distribution of Tomcat from here.
Unzip it into some directory.
Building the module:
·       Change directory into jakarta-tomcat\src\native\apache\jserv
·       Add Visual C++ into your environment by executing the script
VCVARS32.BAT.
·       Execute the build command
nmake -f Makefile.win32 nmake is the Visual C++ make program.
That's it; you have built mod_jserv...

Prob u need get src, i'm not sure (sorry a bit newbie but trying to help a
bit).