tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Petersen <SPeter...@pangaea.ca>
Subject RE: Passing parameters to a bean from a JSP
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:40:12 GMT
Try

    String parString = request.getParameter("nameOfFormItem"); //Use this to
get the values of individual form items.

<% //Use this to list all the form items and their values.
    Enumeration enum = request.getParameterNames(); //Put all parameters
into an enumeration object
    while (enum.hasMoreElements()) //Iterate throught the enumeration.
    {
      String paramName = (String) enum.nextElement(); //Get the name of the
next parameter
      out.println(paramName + ":" + request.getParameter(paramName) +
"<br>"); //Get the value of the parameter and print it to the screen
    };
%>

That's what we use with Tomcat 3.0 and 3.1 and they work great.

Cheers
Scott Petersen
Programmer/Analyst
Pangaea Systems