tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Weiss <swe...@aamc.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Microsoft IE
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:07:23 GMT
Here's the relevant part of tomcat-currmit.conf, which I include in
Apache's httpd.conf:

Alias /currmit /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit
<Directory "/home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /currmit/servlet /currmit
<Location /currmit/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Using this, I access my application at http://localhost/currmit/ , and
both JSPs and servlets (which are referenced with
/currmit/servlet/<servlet-name> where <servlet-name> is what I have in
web.xml, which is in /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit/WEB-INF. My
servlets are in <path-to-currmit>/WEB-INF/classes. In tomcat.conf I
have:
 ApJServMount /currmit /home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit

Although I normally use Apache, I can also get to my application using
Tomcat's WS with:

  http://localhost:8080/currmit/

I'm not sure how Tomcat's WS gets its mount points, I figure it must be
from either tomcat.conf, or server.xml, since it doesn't know about
tomcat-currmit.conf. In server.xml, I have:

 <Context path="/currmit"
docBase="/home/sweiss/dev/java/webapps/currmit" debug="1"
reloadable="true" >
 </Context>

Tomcat uses this to generate the file tomcat-apache.conf, but it doesn't
correctly get docBase, instead it puts this (which doesn't work) into
tomcat-apache.conf:

Alias /currmit /usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/currmit  <---- this is
not the correct location
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/currmit">   <---- neither
is this
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /currmit/servlet /currmit

That's why I ended up creating my own "tomcat-currmit.conf" and include
that in httpd.conf.

What does your server.xml look like?

-Steve