tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rogério Meneguelli Gatto <ga...@softdes.com.br>
Subject Re: Tomcat as service on Win NT4 again; jsrvany
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:19:52 GMT
Hello, Viehl,

A tip: use "REGEDT32.EXE", *don't* use "REGEDIT.EXE".  The value's type should
be REG_MULTI_SZ.  Essential values are:

"Parameters/JVMOptions" (Type REG_MULTI_SZ):
-config [lINE BREAK HERE]
conf/server.xml

"Parameters/classArgs" (Type REG_MULTI_SZ):
-Dtomcat.home=... [LINE BREAK HERE]
-Djava.class.path=...

"Parameters/className" (Type REG_SZ):
org.apache.tomcat.jsrvany.TomcatWrapper

Pay special atention to your CLASSPATH.  It should include JSRVAny classes,
Tomcat classes, tools.jar from your JDK if it's Java2 (and it must be, for
JSRVAny to work), and your own system-wide classes.  And don't forget to
configure your PATH to include your JVM dll.  In my case, I included
"$JAVA_HOME/jre/bin" and "$JAVA_HOME/jre/bin/hotspot".  Please substitute
"$JAVA_HOME" by your Java2 instalation dir.

HTH