tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Brogden <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject Re: JRun Vs Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:38:06 GMT

Don Vaillancourt wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm not starting a flame war, jsut need some simple questions anwered.
> I also apologize if it is a bit off topic.
>
> Here we are having too many problems with Tomcat 3.1 and wasting too
> many resources on  it.  So I was wondering if there were any
> implementation differences between Tomcat 3.1 and JRun 2.3.3.
>
> Does JRun make use of a server.xml configuration file or something
> similar?  How different are the two products.
>
> BTW, we use SunOS 5.7.
>
> Don

JRun 2.3.3 is Servlet 2.0 and JSP 1.0 compliant as I recall, they
have a version 3 in beta that is supposed to be J2EE compliant.
That probably means a BIG change to using XML for configuration.

JRun 2.3.3 is a lot more complex than Tomcat with a lot of options.
I found 8 directories named "log" - sometimes navigating among
the various options and properties files is a pain.
--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam