tomcat-users mailing list archives

From maxm...@libero.it
Subject Re: The plans are to cut a final release of 3.1 this week...
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:51:49 GMT
Hello,

On 4 Apr 00, at 11:21, rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> If anyone knows of any issues that they feel absolutely must be resolved
> before release, please speak now or forever hold your peace!

This is bug #114 speaking. :-)

Seriously, if what I think is true (as reported in bug 114), there is a
major discrepancy between the 1.1 specs and how tomcat 3.1
implements them, in the creation of objects from withing a custom
tag. If the bug I have reported is confirmed as a bug, it would be a
problem to use this tomcat release for creating taglibs as per the
specs -- the inability to see objects created by taglibs (other than
those defined with a NESTED scope) means that you can't create
your own "special objects" (eg. for storing special return values or
similar). If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. I have attached a
zipped testcase with the bug, btw.

Max