tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gtallen <gtal...@home.com>
Subject Re: Anybody successfully compile the Apache module on AIX?
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:45:15 GMT
I think this may be the problem
--------------------------------

Hi!

Think you have same problem I had and it took me a whole day searching
the
web before finding the solution.

This is only needed when compiling apache on non Linux systems. I
thought
the configure program would enable theese two rules itself after finding
out it should compile apache for Solaris, but it didn't.

When you run ./configure you also need to add theese two rules:
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE and --enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN

This is very important on non Linux systems and it will give you the
httpd.so library.

./configure --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
--enable-rule=SHARED_CHAIN --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Is how it should look like.

/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
hans-erik.skyttberg@boxer.se