tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harish <hari...@postmark.net>
Subject Re: ClassLoader problems - might be a bug
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:55:33 GMT

> Tomcat class loader ( AdaptiveCL) is used to load web applications only.

I am not sure which classloader it is.( AdaptiveCL or NWCL or someother
CL). I was talking of the classloader Tomcat uses to load any class in
general. I think Tomcat doesn't directly use the System class loader to
load classes. In case Tomcat's own class loader can't load a class, it
must be passing the job on to the System class loader. Is it not so?
 I think Tomcat fails in doing that. I'm not VERY SURE if it is exactly
so. wanted to check with you. Right now i have my own classloader
not webapps)  before it starts off with the servlet-serving stuff it
does, I'll check it out.

> Interceptors are part of tomcat - if you place them in a webapp you can't load
> them.
> ( since they are loaded before web apps are loaded, and web apps may reload,
> be unloaded, etc)

I wasn't even trying to load an Interceptor. What i meant was i was
trying to load the class(which i was referring to) inside the code of an
Interceptor.

Harish