tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The current form-based login implementation in Tomcat 3.1
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:49:04 GMT

Sim IJskes wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> > * Comment out the current code that implements
> >   FORM-based authentication, so that no one will
> >   run into a partially complete implementation.  This
> >   will go on the list of things for the next release.
> Please don't do this! Pretty please?

OK, so who is volunteering to sign up for the bug reports we're going to get
on this topic -- people are going to try it and find out that it doesn't work
correctly (as well as not meeting the spec) -- in spite of any dire warnings
to the contrary in the release notes.  Personally, I'm much more comfortable
with "sorry, it's not supported" than I am with "it's kinda, sorta there, but
it's broken" which is the current state of the code.