tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Interactive Pages: Was passing parameters to a bean
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 02:05:00 GMT
"Bond - James D." wrote:

> well, that's takes the same amount of time (maybe quicker if page is
> smaller in the frame) but we haven't used frames in a long time because I
> heard that Frames are no longer going to be part of the HTML standards
> .......... just to warn you .........

That's an interesting notion ... mind tell us what source you heard it from?

I note the following on the W3C web site <http://www.w3.org>:

* Frames are part of HTML 4.01 recommendation, released
  on 24 December 1999.  (See Section 16)

* Frames are part of XHTML 1.0 recommendation, released
  on 26 January 2000.  (See the "XHTML-1.0-Frameset" DTD)

Of course, whether the browser manufacturers decide to conform to these
recommended standards is up to them.

Craig McClanahan