tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat: jsp: config.getInitParameter()
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:42:43 GMT
So which web.xml file are you modifying to include the parameter inits?

It would seem from below that you'd be modifying the one for the default context
(i.e. the one with a context path of "/"
0, so you'd be modfiying /opt/OASISRep/repository/jsp/WEB-INF/web.xml.  The
correct context relative path should be "/debug.jsp", and the JSP page file
itself would be stored at:

    /opt/OASISRep/repository/jsp/debug.jsp

and you'd be accessing it with a URL like this:

    http://localhost:8080/debug.jsp

Is it still failing under those conditions?

(Note that the "/opt/OASISREP/repository/jsp" stuff does not show up in URLs --
all you are doing here is telling Tomcat where the document root directory on
your disk is.)

(it also seems to me that having two web apps with overlapping document roots is
going to be really confusing.  Is there a reason that this is not all one web
application?)

Craig