tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mwelch <mwe...@ontarioeast.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat won't start - Exception in thread "main"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/startup/Tomcat
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2000 12:49:39 GMT
If you have ever had jdk1.3 installed you might still have some remnants of it
still hanging around- such as a 1.3 plugin in your browser or perhaps a few
stray code fragments in you config files or registry.  Be sure to do a proper
uninstall of jdk1.3.  Tomcat just flat won't work with it!  You can check your
browser (Netscape) quickly by typing "about:plugins" at the command line.
In my case, once I got jdk1.3 properly cleaned out Tomcat worked first crack
out of the box with the instructions given (on Win95).