tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat interfered with JRun
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 16:29:37 GMT
William Brogden wrote:

> Tomcat seems to have installed a servlet.jar in my
>  jdk1.2\jre\lib\ext\ directory that has totally confused
> my JRun installation. Since there is also a servlet.jar
> in c:\tomcat\lib\
> is the one in the jdk area required?

Note that Tomcat's installs (from the zip or tar.gz files on the Jakarta web
site) do NOT put anything into jdk1.2\jre\lib\ext for you -- this must have
happened some other way.

When you run Tomcat itself, it sets up the appropriate classpath to access the
servlet.jar file in the "lib" subdirectory (assuming you're using the standard
scripts to start and stop it), so it does not need anything put into the
extensions directory.

Craig McClanahan