tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes <...@nyx.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: tomcat-users.xml
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 09:54:08 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> I was able to get basic authentication working by editing the file
> "$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml and changing the <auth-method> element
from FORM
> to BASIC.  Then, accessing the following URL:

I have got my own application working now. It revolved around having the
protected pages in the root of the context or in a subdirectory.

1st:

i tried with the pages in the root and <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>,
that didn't work.

2nd:

i tried with the pages in the root and <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>,
that didn't work.

3rd:

i tried with the pages in the root and <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>,
that didn't work.

4th:

i tried with the pages in the pages subdir and
<url-pattern>/pages/*</url-pattern>, and this worked.

Are [1...3] in contradiction with the standard? Or did i find a bug?

Gr. Sim