tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: tomcat-users.xml
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:49:41 GMT
Sim IJskes wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> >
> > FileRealmTool is not part of the "main" source code and it's not supported.
> >
> > Please edit <tomcat-users> if you want to play with that. It is just a very
> > storage, with clear text passwords and a lot of limitations - it's there just to
> >  a simple default.
> Did you get it working? I just filed a bugreport:
> Gr. Sim

As Costin said, FileRealmTool does not work and it will not work with 3.1 -- edit the
tomcat-users.xml file directly for now.  FileRealmTool was part of an experimental approach
that used different conventions for how it's XML data was stored, and is not compatible.

I'm going to propose (on the developer's list) removing it from the 3.1 release to avoid

Craig McClanahan

View raw message