tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bin zhao <bz...@myself.com>
Subject how to change the context mount point?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2000 05:47:22 GMT
Hi,

How should I do in order to change the context mount point?

More specific. I installed Tomcat 3.1 on top of Apache 1.3.12 on RedHat 6.1.
Initially I used tomcat-apache.conf, and when I typed
http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample, I was able to run the
simple example in my browser. But I wanted to change the context mount point
so that I can run the same example if I type
http://localhost/examples/myserlvet/HelleWorldExample. What I did is copy
the apache-tomcat.conf as my.conf. Changed the line "ApJServMount
/examples/servlet /examples" to "ApJServMount /examples/myservlet
/examples". Include my.conf in the httpd.conf. Stop and restart the Apache
server. But when I typed
http://localhost/examples/myservlet/HelloWorldExample, I got "File Not
Found". What did I do wrong?

thanks,