tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shields, Dorwin T." <DShie...@Paymentech.com>
Subject Anyone pin-pointed the xml parser problem?
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:09:22 GMT
Has anyone pin-pointed the problem with
using the xml parser?  It's not a big problem
b/c I can get around it easy enough.

The problem is this:  If I include the xerces.jar and
xml4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory, or if I
expand it into my WEB-INF/classes directory, or
if I place them in to the ext directory of my java
run time I get class not found exceptions for the sax
parser.  However, if I modify the tomcat startup shell
to include these files in the classpath, it works.  Clearly
the files are in the class path when it tells me it can't find
them.  I have other jar files in the WEB-INF/lib directory
that work fine ( I built my tomcat from a source drop around
the 5 of april).

Dorwin