tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Stack <dst...@musicstack.com>
Subject letting users run servlets - how to?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:19:48 GMT
Easy question:

How can I run servlets from a different directory then the default/example
directory:  /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes

I have been trying all sorts of things with the tomcat.conf file but I am
not getting anywhere.

What I would like to do is let my users create and run servlets.

For example, I would like to be able to put a servlet in the following
users WWW directory and be able to run the servlet from the users distinct
URL.

Let say I have a servlet, hello.class, in the following directory:
/www/musicstack

I would like to be able to run the servlet using the following URL:

http://www.musicstack.com/hello   or perhaps
http://www.musicstack.com/servlets/hello

Could someone give me the configuration code I need to update the
tomcat.conf and server.xml.  I am running apache on linux red hat 6.0.

I looked at the FAQ, but it only confused me more when they started talking
about running 2nd tomcat servers and multiple JVM's.

Dave