tomcat-users mailing list archives

From k...@nospam.tb.cz
Subject RE: Solaris Problem
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:12:32 GMT
I\'m currently using Apache 1.3.12 + Tomcat 3.1 on
Solaris 7 x86 with jdk1.2.1_03. Don\'t know what is the
reason of your problem, but when I was trying to use
jdk1.2.2_05 it seemed to be quite unstable - Tomcat 3.0
worked, but it failed because of \"segmentation
violation\" every time when it was sending an email
(when calling SocketOutputStream.flush() i think). So:
if you are on Intel, consider using jdk1.2.1_03. It
might help I hope.
Roman

> This is in response to the email about problems on
Solaris. I also can not
> get Tomcat to work on Solaris. I\'m using Solaris 8
with jdk1.2.2_05. What
> happens is that when a request is made and the jsp
engine begins to create
> the .java file, it somehow gets stuck in an infinite
loop and just
> continually writes out the same thing over and over
again. I suspect this
> is what is happening to you. From the client side it
appears to hang, but
> if you go into Tomcat\'s work directory you can watch
the .java file get
> incredibly huge. Mine gets to about 35 MB in 10
seconds or so. It just
> keeps growing until I stop Tomcat. I posted this here
and to the dev list a

> while back, when 3.1 was still in beta, but there was
no response. I notice

> also that there is now a bug for this on the bug list.
>
> I would like to know if anyone out there is
successfully using Tomcat with
> Solaris and if so what version of Solaris and what
jdk version.