tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Wilhm <ryan_wi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problem Installing Tomcat as NT Service Using JSRVANY...
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:42:24 GMT
I'm currently finishing a service manager class that is compatable with JSRVANY
and the Microsoft Java service classes that is a lot easier to configure. (Ie,
it uses properties files instead of having to fiddle with the registry.) My
wrapper also reports more accurately whether or not the service is running or
not (I've had problems with some of the other service launchers reporting that
Tomcat was running when in fact it wasn't.)

I'm also working on configuration for multiple tomcat instance launching and
shutdown for virtual hosting (so you don't have to start and stop all the
processes individually), and I'm also logging all console output tomcat (so you
can check out log files.) I also allow you to specify a JVM to use so you
aren't tied into the JVM used to run the service. (So, no, tomcat never runs on
the microsoft jvm.)

The Microsoft version is running now, the JSRVANY version is partially
functional. I'll have it done by the end of the week, and'll post it here.