tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Suresh <sures...@yahoo.com>
Subject Request Interceptor
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:22:44 GMT
Hi all,

I was trying to write a request interceptor which will print out a header and footer messages
each servlet/jsp file that will be processed. I got into some problems and would like to make
sure
if they are valid or not.

1. The request interceptor function are being called for all the files( even images and html
). I
had thought the function will only be called for Servlets and JSP requests.
    If i get the writer and print some text so that it is displayed ( this text get displayed
when
accessing a JSP page but not when accessing a servlet ), and the text is printed at the bottom
not
on top of the screen.

2. the afterbody function is not implemented

Suresh