tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexey V. Meledin" <...@webclub.ru>
Subject Re: srcdir does not exist!
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:43:38 GMT
Hi,
 Frank!

Thursday, April 20, 2000, 12:05:07 AM,  you wrote:

FL> Hi guy,

FL> When I tried to build the sample "myapp" with Tomcat 3.1, and
FL> got the following error message,

FL> Buildfile: build.xml
FL> Project base dir set to: E:\jakarta-tomcat\doc\appdev\sample
FL> Executing Target: prepare
FL> BUILD FATAL ERROR: srcdir does not exist!

FL> Actually, I have checked the build.xml, the src has been defined there, and
FL> the src is the right place too, why can I not find the place?

FL> <target name="compile" depends="prepare" init="init">
FL>     <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
FL>            classpath="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
FL>            debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off"/>
FL>   </target>

FL> And, I tried it with Tomcat 3.1 beta, it worked very well.

FL> I am not sure if there is a bug in the new version of Ant.

FL> Regards,

FL> Frank

Try binary distribution. I've tried source and has your trouble
either.
If it will not work properly than look my message "Tomcat release 3.1
from April 18 question" and simply change startup.sh for the first
time.
PS: You need to change mod_jserv.so (compile it if you need from
lastest tomcat source or use binary for your OS).

Alexey V. Meledin <avm@webclub.ru>
New: http://www.crossroad.ru; http://www.garoway.com