tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexey V. Meledin" <...@webclub.ru>
Subject Tomcat release 3.1 from April 18 question
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:55:14 GMT
Hi!

   I've download jakarta-tomcat binary today and install it.

   During installation I've found that my previous settings like:
   TOMCAT_HOME=... does not work for me...

   When starting tomcat via startup.sh or tomcat.sh start I've got the
   following:
   1. can't create apache-configuration in "path"(path where constructed
   simply from my current location, but not from TOMCAT_HOME)
   2. can't find webapps in "path"

   I've make a little change and write startup.sh as the following

   ----------------------------------
   cd /usr/local/tomcat
   bin/tomcat.sh
   ----------------------------------
   It works for me (FreeBSD 3.3., Apache 1.3.12 and etc.) :), but may
   be it's small bug (users guide say nothing to me about that
   feature. I've read it all carefully several times).

   PS: With tomcat 3.1. beta all was OK.

   Secondly:
   Why not to have file calles CHANGES in root directory of each
   distribution????
   I've downloaded binary version, install it and found that my
   current mod_jserv.so from previous distribution doesn't work :(
   So I need to download source distribution now and compile
   mod_jserv.so else.
   Why not to include some needed sources in binary distribution?

Alexey V. Meledin <avm@webclub.ru>
New: http://www.crossroad.ru; http://www.garoway.com