tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Punte" <ste...@hamsoft.com>
Subject Re: auto reload of JSP
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:20:32 GMT
Phil:

    Once you have made 10 compile errors of a single JSP file, it
    will not automatically reload.  You need to either:

    1.    Restart tomcat.

    2.    Improve you skills and never make more than 10 errors!

STeve (smartass) Punte
stevep@technologent.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Phil Cruz
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 9:13 AM
  Subject: auto reload of JSP

  I'm using Tomcat 3.1beta1/Apache on Linux.  According to the faq (quoted below)  JSP's should
be automatically reloaded.  My JSP pages are not being reloaded unless I stop/start Tomcat.
 The reloadable flag in server.xml is set to true, but this refers to servlets not JSP anyway,
right?  Any ideas what could be going on?

  -Phil

    Does Tomcat reload changed servlet Mod: 2000-03-27 01:55:47.0
    jholland@gears.linuxbox.com wrote:

    > Is there any prospect of Tomcat reloading servlets that have been
    > recompiled (ie changed)? Is there a better workaround than
    > shutdown.sh/startup.sh? Is there a technical reason or rationale for this?

    Tomcat 3.0 does not support automatic reloading of changed servlet
    classes. This feature is high on the priority list for a future release,
    and is actually in the release plan for the 3.1 release.

    Note that modified JSP pages are "automatically reloaded" though.
    This works without the auto-reload feature, since a brand new class
    is created for the modified page, and the new class simply replaces
    the old class.