tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Punte" <ste...@hamsoft.com>
Subject server.xml -> tomcat-apache.conf <context> Question
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:15:05 GMT
Dear Tomcat Community:

This is a problem of absolute path vs. relative path designation.

If one entrees the following in file server.xml:

    <Context path="/xxx" docBase="aaa/bbb/xxx" ></Context>

and

    <Context path="/yyy" docBase="/aaa/bbb/yyy" ></Context>

Both generate pratically identical statements in file
tomcat-apache.conf:

    Alias /xxx  /tomcat/webapps/aaa/bbb/xxx

and

    Alias /yyy  /tomcat/webapps/aaa/bbb/yyy

However, what I really wanted by the later construct is:

    Alias /yyy /aaa/bbb/yyy

(i.e. An absolute file path to area /yyy).

Is this a bug in the code that generates file tomcat-apache.conf
or am I'm simply experiencing operator pilot error?

STeve Punte
(Inquiring Minds Want To Know)
stevep@technologent.com