tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "A. Scott White" <sco...@coderite.com>
Subject Resource Management
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:35:54 GMT
What facilities does Tomcat provide for pooling resources to be utilized by
multiple servlets, such as JDBC database connection objects? Is there a
mechanism for maintaining, for instance, an open connection to the database
to be reused by al servlets, or must the programmer hack this out?

Perhaps this is less a Tomcat issue than a servlets API issue. Can someone
redirect me, or tell me privately how they have handled similar situations.
It seems unimaginable to me that each transaction should have the overhead
of establishing a new database connection.

Thanks.

A. Scott White
Director, Information Systems
Healthcare Solutions Group