tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edson Richter <erich...@saojudastadeu.com.br>
Subject RE: Resin vs Tomcat
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:15:03 GMT
Licence for Resin is not truly free - see caucho licence: you cannot use this for commercial
purposes, except if you pay one licence (per server?)...

Can anyone explain (or better: compares) the two licence models?

My tests with Resin show-me the following: under heavly conditions, resin freezes, and the
engines (Servlet Runner and Web Server) must be restarted (under NT 4SP5).

So, I do preffer stay using Jakarta-Tomcat (doc will come soon), due to Apache Server stability.

Edson Richter