tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Randall Parker" <rand...@nls.net>
Subject debug level, verbosityLevel, debug: Different things in xml?
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2000 01:28:41 GMT
I'm looking at server.xml in Tomcat 3.1b1 and am trying to figure out how to turn on more
kinds of logging. I have a few questions:

1) debug level and debug are both set to 0. Is 0 for getting more or less information?
  eg
   <xmlmapper:debug level="0" />
  and
   <Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/examples" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

2) is verbosityLevel something else entirely? I see:
      verbosityLevel values can be:
         FATAL
         ERROR
         WARNING
            INFORMATION
            DEBUG
   Are these names that map to numbers? Which tag(s) does verbosityLevel apply to?

3) Is there any way to use all this to get Tomcat to report which servlets it could
successfully register for a particular war file?