tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aleksander Grzebyta" <ol...@talex.com.pl>
Subject Odp: a few questions
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:20:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Dominik Enkelmann <dominik.enkelmann@next.it>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 10:56 AM
Subject: R: a few questions

> for the documentation: look again!
> there definitely IS an users guide and a more useful appdev-guide (maybe
not
> under /src/doc)
>
> For the error message:
> In the docs you'll find information how to set your tomcat_home enviroment
> variable.
> Set TOMCAT_HOME to your  tomcat base dir (the one containing bin and lib
> subdirectories).
> You can do this with the control panel "System"/Environment or using the
set
> command in the tomcat.bat file (for example "set >TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat")
[...]

Dear Dominik !
Thanks for your answer. I will browse the docs, but I cannot see the guide
how to run "Minimal administration tool".

This is my script I use to run Tomcat. I wrote: ITS OK WITH JDK1.1.7A BUT
NOT WITH JDK 1.2.2, so it cannot be a CLASSPATH issue I suppose.

####################
@echo off
set TOM=e:\java\jakarta-tomcat

rem set CPATH=e:\sunxml
set CPATH=%CPATH%;%TOM%\lib\xml.jar
set CPATH=%CPATH%;%TOM%\lib\webserver.jar
set CPATH=%CPATH%;%TOM%\lib\jasper.jar
set CPATH=%CPATH%;%TOM%\lib\servlet.jar

java -Dtomcat.home=%TOM% -classpath %CPATH%;%CLASSPATH%
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
set CPATH=
####################

> Dominik

Code)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
>         at
> org.xml.sax.helpers.ParserFactory.makeParser(ParserFactory.java:109)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:191)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:110)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)
> FATAL: configuration error
> java.lang.Exception: Error creating sax parser
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:207)