tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aleksander Grzebyta" <ol...@talex.com.pl>
Subject a few questions
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:33:12 GMT
Hello

I am new to Jakarta, but not to servlet, Apache, JServ. It seems to me it
completly lacks of documentation. I downloaded binary version for win32 and
there were no user guide that I found in /src/doc CVS's online.

I also downloaded jakarta-tools.zip and there are only five jars with no
readme.

My current questions:

1. Why cannot I run with JDK 1.2.2 on Windows 98. The following strange
error occurs. I know what that means, but why ?! When I run with JDK 1.1.7A
its OK. No CLASSPATH problems I suppose - the script running Tomcat is the
same.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.parser.Parser
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.ParserFactory.makeParser(ParserFactory.java:109)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:191)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:110)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)
FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.Exception: Error creating sax parser
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:207)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:110)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)

2. Where is the "Minimal administration tool" added in 3.1 beta release ?

3. Will Jakarta be developed to be a stanalone HTTP server or it will base
on Apache ? I ask because of portability issues.

Thanks everybody for the tool I only can use.
sincerely Olek