tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "dblankley" <>
Subject Re: class not found org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat !!!
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2000 14:34:03 GMT
the base version of the script sets TOMCAT_HOME to ./..
however, some shells have problems with this resulting in your CLASSPATH not being set properly.
I fixed this by hardcoding the TOMCAT_HOME in the setup file to
eg, on my system I added the line:

and then when you restart everything should work fine.

Is there anyone who can add this to the faq, since it seems to come up frequently. )

Hope this helps
    -----Original Message-----
    From: mailmetoday <>
    To: <>
    Date: Saturday, April 08, 2000 6:13 AM
    Subject: class not found org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat !!!
    hi everybody,
    Just installed Tomcat binary on Apache (RH Linux). I have edited the
    httpd.conf file to include the path for tomcat.conf, restarted httpd and
    tried to start tomcat by running start but it gives following
    Can't find class    org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat
    I think that there is no problem with classpath.
    can anybody help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Manpreet Singh

View raw message