tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Spencer" <tspen...@stny.rr.com>
Subject The Big Void
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2000 02:43:17 GMT
There is this no mans land between your root directory and the WEB-INF
directory that you can't seem to cross.
I see the reason for this but I have a question:

What is the best way to share files across these areas?  For example,
suppose I have an applet in my root directory and a servlet in my
WEB-INF/classes directory that both need a class file?  Where should I put
this class file so they both have access to it?  Do I need it in both
places?  This seems to be the only solution since everything else I've tried
winds up with one of my resources (the applet or the servlet) not being able
to locate the needed class file.

Thanks!