tomcat-users mailing list archives

From david sims <>
Subject Re: Tomcat, multiple IP addresses, and virtual domains
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2000 20:10:15 GMT
On Sun, 09 Apr 2000, david sims wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Apr 2000, Jeff Neuenschwander wrote:
> > Can you use tomcat as a standalone webserver for enterprise-level
> > applications?  I didn't know the standalone webserver could handle that kind
> > of load.  I thought you had to link apache with it...

oh, I forgot to mention that appears to be running Tomcat as
well. If you go to:

netcraft will tell you that is running Tomcat/2.1. If it's true
that they're running Java Tomcat without Apache, then I *know* that Tomcat would
be fast enough for many, many enterprise applications.

David Sims
Sims Computing, Inc.

View raw message