tomcat-users mailing list archives

From shahid....@iname.com
Subject Re: Tomcat V3.1beta and IBM VisualAge 3.0
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 22:13:47 GMT
Some changes are required to the procedure given in the
article:
http://www7.software.ibm.com/vad.nsf/data/document2389?OpenDocument

Use the class "org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat" in StartTomcat and StopTomcat classes:
Class aClass = Class.forName("org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat");

Also pass "-stop" as parameter in StopTomcat class:
Object[] arguments = new Object[] {new String[] {"-stop"}};

Include the following path in "Extra Directories Path" for StartTomcat class:
.\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes\;

The above steps should integrate Tomcat 3.1 with Visual
Age for Java 3.0 Entry Ed. It is working for me.

Shahid Ali.