tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Tanase" <octavian.tan...@eng.sun.com>
Subject RE: Problem with using servlet in Tomcat
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:26:10 GMT
I see a typo where you declare the docBase!

-----Original Message-----
From: David Qian [mailto:David.Qian@accrue.com]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 11:32 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with using servlet in Tomcat

Hello,

I have the following installation:

Window NT + Apache 1.3.12 + Tomcat 3.1M1

The jsp and javabeans are working successfully.

I put the servlets in the directory \webApps\examples\Web-inf\classes.
The server.xml is configured to have the following context mapping as
installed:

path="examples" docBase="webApps/exmaples"

I try to invoke the servlets using
http://localhost/examples/myServlet

It shows blank in the browser, no error message.

I am able to invoke two default servlets, servletToJsp and snoop which
are both defined in the web.xml.  If I configure the myServlet in web.xml.
It still does not work.

My questions are as follows:

Where are the proper locations for servlets ?
Any configuration change or mapping to the servlet working ?
Should they defined in the web.xml file ?

Any help will be very appreciated !

Thanks !

David