tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Willis" <agwil...@geocities.com>
Subject RE: trouble with JNDI InitialContexts
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:27:28 GMT
Actually, I know that the jars in the lib directory are getting loaded
appropriately, because there are other classes that are loaded from them.
For example, in my code I reference an Attribute class that is in one of
those jars, and the class is able to load just fine and run (using an
Attribute object) until I try to create an initial context.  I even took the
jars out of the lib directory and sure enough, I got a wealth of other
errors about how it couldn't load my servlet because it couldn't load the
classes it uses.

The problem seems to be with calling Class.forName().

Any ideas?

-Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: JamesW@cardsetc.com [mailto:JamesW@cardsetc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 5:49 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: trouble with JNDI InitialContexts

My suggestion would be that perhaps there is a bug in Tomcat that prevents
it from loading .jars in your lib directory.  I certainly recall seeing a
few emails like this recently.  Check the archives!

I'm doing something similar, and have simply included the JNDI jars in the
classpath of the environment that I start Tomcat from.

Regards,
James W.

Cards Etc will be on stand 573 at CardTech SecureTech in Miami
from 2nd May to 4th May. Look forward to seeing you there!

This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302).
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us immediately
(by reply e-mail) and delete this e-mail from your system.