tomcat-users mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Fey <j...@well.com>
Subject XML-RPC, SOAP and Tomcat
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:01:24 GMT

Hi,

After listening to some talks during the ApacheCon i decided to give
Tomcat a try (finally). Loaded it, installed it. It runs.

In my first project i try to combine Xerces-J and XML-RPC or SOAP into the
Tomcat environment based on a Suse Linux system. I am going to use servlets
only
and use Apache as the main server for the "ordinary" stuff.

Has anyone done that already?
Any problems i should watch?

I am also interested to get to know insights into XMP-RPC, SOAP, XMOP and
other technologies to support XML based data exchange. I am trying to stay
off
the CORBA path ....

gruesse

Juergen Fey

jf@wahnsinnig.com                         http://www.jfey.com
RedBuero*Online-Publishing*Shopping*Perl*CGI*Java*Linux*Win32
Laerchenweg 8             D-85617 Assling             Germany
fon:+49-8092-83063      fax: +49-8092-83064     jfey@jfey.com

            PGP-Key: http://www.jfey.com/tuttle/housek/jf.asc

"don`t drive when you`re dead, tom waits"
         The box said "Win95 or better", so i installed Linux