tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amrhein, Thomas" <tamrh...@debis.com>
Subject good and bad news (AW: sendRedirect() through Apache does fail)
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:21:20 GMT
Good and bad news:

the good news where my fault.
In my apache's httpd.conf was a wrong ServerName.
sendRedirect tries to connect to the server, which is written there.
I forgot to overwrite the default value.

Now, nearly everything is right :-))))

the bad news:

I think, that the behavour of sendRedirect() is not correct:

I call
<%
request.sendRedirect("/admin/login/login.jsp");
return;
%>
relative to the apache server where "admin" is my servlet context in tomcat.

Same way, I can call
<jsp:forward page="/login/login.jsp" />

But here, no servlet context is needed in the URL.
Isn't jsp:forward the same as sendRedirect?
Why do they expect different URLs?
Is it a bug?

What do you say?

TA