tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amrhein, Thomas" <>
Subject good and bad news (AW: sendRedirect() through Apache does fail)
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:21:20 GMT
Good and bad news:

the good news where my fault.
In my apache's httpd.conf was a wrong ServerName.
sendRedirect tries to connect to the server, which is written there.
I forgot to overwrite the default value.

Now, nearly everything is right :-))))

the bad news:

I think, that the behavour of sendRedirect() is not correct:

I call
relative to the apache server where "admin" is my servlet context in tomcat.

Same way, I can call
<jsp:forward page="/login/login.jsp" />

But here, no servlet context is needed in the URL.
Isn't jsp:forward the same as sendRedirect?
Why do they expect different URLs?
Is it a bug?

What do you say?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Peter Storch
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 28. März 2000 11:17
Betreff: Antwort: AW: sendRedirect() through Apache does fail

Where is your jsp Page located?
If I place a jsp Page in the Apache htdocs directory it is not found.
But if I place the Page in tomcat/webapps/ROOT it is found and
works just fine.

"Amrhein, Thomas" <> am 28.03.2000 09:34:45

Bitte antworten an

Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Peter Storch/501500/Extern/BfG-Bank-AG)
Thema: AW: sendRedirect() through Apache does fail

View raw message