tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amrhein, Thomas" <>
Subject AW: User Authorization
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:38:14 GMT
.war files are Web ARchives I think, some kind of zipped files. I never
handled with it.
Need to try.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Coonrod []
Gesendet am: Freitag, 24. März 2000 14:34
Betreff: RE: User Authorization

Thomas - I don't really know it. I found a reference to "web application" in

the servlet api

and it said the information "may be in the .war file"

I did find some .war files, but they are not text files, so I'm mystified
who to interact with them.

===== Original Message from at 3/24/00 3:00
>I want to test user authentication, but I don't know yet what the
>Servlet API Specification exactly says.
>I can define users in conf/tomcat-users.xml.
>How and where are roles defined?
>How are roles assigned to JSPs, servlets or servlet contexts?
>Does anybody know?
>Where can I find the Servlet API Specification?

Dr. John Coonrod, Vice President,
The Hunger Project, 15 East 26th Street, NY, NY 10010

To unsubscribe, email:
For additional commmands, email:

View raw message