tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amrhein, Thomas" <tamrh...@debis.com>
Subject tomcat3.1beta1 crashes
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:29:11 GMT
Hi,

my tomcat crashes in following situation:

We use tomcat3.1beta1 on NT4.

We have JSPs with beans. The beans are calling EJBs from an application
server.
javax.naming and needed application server classes are in the classpath.
General application classes (interfaces, abstract classes, EJB-calling
classes) are in the classpath.
We have multiple contexts with different functionality. All contexts use
the same general application classes. Often context beans extend from
general classes.

If I put context-specific beans in WEB-INF/classes tomcat crashes after
calling the second
JSP which is using EJBs. The first one works without a problem.
It doesn't matter which JSP is the first or the second. Even if the first
and the second
are the same tomcat goes down.

If I put all classes (except javax.naming and app server classes which are
still in the classpath)
in WEB-INF/classes I get a ClassCastException of the HomeInterface of my
EJB.

If I put all classes in tomcat's classpath, the whole application works
fine. Even after calling
hundred times JSPs which use EJBs.

Has anybody else such an environment? Will be pleased to know.

cu,

Thomas